YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE..
THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE USING OR HAVE USED ACCUTANE WITHIN THE PAST YEAR.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING/MICROFEATHERING
Microblading (or eyebrow embroidery) is a relatively new, manual method which does not use a normal permanent makeup machine. It is done by using a unique hand instrument with a small row of very fine needles that deposit pigment into the skin with slicing, feathering strokes. The pigment is implanted into the basal membrane, which divides the epidermis from the dermis layer of the skin. This creates very fine hair strokes that do not blur after healing like you would experience with a traditional permanent makeup machine. The purpose is to enhance the natural features of the client.
Microblading is a multiple step appointment process. Your brows will not be completed in just one session. At least two appointments are needed initially, each appointment being 4-8 weeks apart. At the second session we will make adjustments as necessary. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If your cosmetic microblading does not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry! We can always go bolder and add more density at your next appointment. The cost of $475.00 does include the initial and touch up visit 4-8 weeks after the initial procedure.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Everyone is different, the pigment will fade over time and we recommend to get an annual touch up to keep them looking their best. You may need a touch up yearly, and some clients require an every 3 month touch up. Many factors influence how long it will last, such as oily skin, skin products, exposure to UV rays, etc. If you have extremely oily skin this may NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered instead of a crisp hair stroke appearance.
If you have a frequent smoker, your pigment will fade sooner. The sun will extremely soften the look of your micro bladed eyebrows so a physical sunscreen should be used once healed to prolong the enhancement.
If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment will fade sooner and bleeding may occur during and after the procedure.
Some colors fade faster than others, e.g. blonde pigment may fade quicker than dark brunette pigment. Bleeding during the procedure can reduce the amount of pigment absorption.
Please note that final results cannot be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates.
DOES IT HURT?
This is designed to be a gentle procedure with minimal discomfort. The degree of discomfort will depend on several factors including pain threshold, location of treatment, etc. In the beginning you will feel a scratching feeling. I use two numbing creams, once the cream is absorbed, you will have very little feeling.
IS THE PROCEDURE SAFE?
I use only sterile disposable instruments. This means that everything used on each client is discarded safely afterwards. I thoroughly make sure my work area is disinfected.
HOW LONG IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
It is vital that you follow your aftercare instructions for optimal results.
It is normal to experience minimal swelling and redness immediately following your procedure. This usually subsides within an hour or two. The first week following your treatment your color usually appears darker than how it will appear once it is healed. Around week 2, the skin naturally sheds and exfoliates. During weeks 4-8 when the skin completes healing, you will see the pigment become a little more visible. The touch up appointment approximately 8 weeks after your initial appointment is necessary in order to achieve the richness of color and density in the shape.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE?
Per Tina Davies, probably one of the most recognized permanent cosmetic leaders below are a series of issues which may effect the results:
- Skin Complications - If you have skin which is prone to complications with eczema, psoriasis,and dermatitis (i.e., your skin is constantly flaking, itching, or aggravated), chances are your skin is not suitable for tattooing and your skin won’t hold to the pigment.
- Sunburn - If you are hoping to get microblading done but have gotten a tan or worse, a sunburn, it’s best to wait until your skin has resumed its normal colour/the sunburn has healed before booking in for a procedure.
- Accutane- Individuals who have been taking acne medications such as Accutane within the last year have an altered skin condition that will not heal well after the procedure. It’s very important that you wait a year before tattooing the skin.
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- Thyroid Condition - Those who have thyroid conditions, hypo/hyperthyroidism, Graves disease, and Hashimoto’s and currently take medication for the above have thicker skin which makes the tattooing process very difficult.
- Autoimmune - Even more seriously, if you have an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, alopecia, or frontal fibrosing alopecia (MS, RA etc.), it is again you will be not a good candidate for Microblading due to your compromised skin health cause by this disorder.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS YOU’VE MIGHT HAVE MISSED....
- Botox- Get Microblading done BEFORE you get botox so your muscles will be in a normal state of movement. Alternatively, if you regularly use botox, you will need to wait at 3 weeks after botox before doing microblading in order for the botox to settle in at it’s full effect.
- Vacationing- microblading is a tattoo and therefore is a mild injury to the skin which takes time to heal. If you are planning to go hot vacation involving sun, sweating and swimming, make sure you give your skin two weeks to heal post microblading before showing off your newly microbladed brows on the beach!
If you have any questions, or you are unsure if you are a good candidate, please contact me prior to booking. If you have any medical condition such as diabetes, ongoing viral infections, or have recently undergone chemotherapy, please contact me. I will have you contact your physician to provide a medical release before your appointment.
****PLEASE NOTE THAT A $50.00 DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE AND SECURE YOUR APPOINTMENT. THE DEPOSIT AMOUNT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE TOTAL PRICE. IF YOU CANCEL OR MISS YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL SIMPLY FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT. IF YOU NEED TO RESCHEDULE, PLEASE DO SO WITHIN 72 HOURS AND I WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO REBOOK YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE GO TO PAYMENT SECTION ON THE BOTTOM OF FIRST PAGE WEBSITE.
Natural Microblade/Microfeathering Eyebrows: $475.00 As of 2/1/18 $550.00
Microblade with shading $525.00
Follow up at 4-8 weeks: Included
Third follow up appointments within 6 months of original appt (my brows only) $50.00-$75.00
Color refresh at 10-18 months: $300.00
Follow up after 18 months: full price
Brows Corrections (anything over previous tattoo work) case by case only, please email me.